Words of Wisdom

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own. --Latin Proverb

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Reinvent Your Passion: Find Your Golden Ticket!

Welcome back!  Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.  I was getting ready to call it a night when I realized that I didn't have any clean clothes for work tomorrow.  What better way to spend the next hour and a half then to talk my readers?  I had a really great time today with my mom.  I brought her some flowers and then we drove around for about two hours trying to decide where to eat.  We finally decided on a little European restaurant in Lake Mary.  After taking a look at the menu, mom decided that she wanted to go elsewhere.  I cancelled our iced teas and we were gone.  We settled on a pizzeria since it was only a few doors down and we were both famished by this point.  Lots of laughs and a lot of great conversation.

Anyways, sorry for the cliffhanger last post, I don't intend to make that a habit.  So, where were we?  If I remember correctly, I had just talked myself out of all of my grand ideas, right?  Ok, so where did I go from there?  The truth is, I did nothing for a long time.  I went to work and fell into the 9-5 ritual that I've become so unhappy with today.  This is not the path you want to take for yourself.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the paycheck.  We all need money to survive, but as I've said before, right here actually, I want more from life than the same mindless tasks day in and day out, and if you've been following my posts, I can only assume that you are looking for the same, or at least to watch me do it. :-)

So, as I searched the web frantically on the night before this blog began, it hit me.  I was seeking advice from random unknown people on the internet, the majority of which had blogs.  After researching blogs, I've found that with a lot of hard work and dedication, they can, big emphasis on can, be quite lucrative.  This was a completely new idea to me and it really got me excited.  It was like I was Charlie Bucket and I had just found the golden ticket!

So, in a nutshell, what am I saying?  I'm saying that you need to take an unconventional look at your conventional passion.  Why?  Doing something the way that others have done it may sound like a safe route to take, but you aren't that person before you.  You think differently, you feel differently, and you may even be in a much different financial position.  This is a BIG reason why most people don't pursue their dreams; they lack the capital... not only to bring their dreams into reality, but they lack the cushion in the bank to keep them from losing what they have if their dream doesn't pay out.
 
Suppose I actually could write about life experiences without getting depressed, or I really did have a knack for writing fiction.  Then what?  Then I need someone to publish it.  This can be quite costly and can take up a lot of time, time that the traditional 9-5er doesn't have.  However, I don't think most people realize how technology and the internet have completely changed the world forever.  Take me for example.  I can have a free blog and write about WHATEVER I want.  I can write articles, or poems, or thoughts... I could write a whole book and post it on here... all for no money.  I can still go to work, still get my paycheck every two weeks.... if nobody likes what I have to say, or they don't buy my e-book, I'm not out anything but my time.  I don't get evicted, my lights stay on, food remains in the fridge and so on.

My effort may have been a flop, but was it really?  It was a proactive step taken towards my future and I also get to learn something along the way.  Maybe it's about my writing, maybe my promotional tactics, but in the end I will have learned that something needs to be done differently next time.  There should always be a next time...

Speaking of promotion, you don't have to pay for advertising or promotion.  Social networks and a little thing called YouTube have made it INSANELY easy to promote yourself.  This gives you total control over your image to the public.  You have no idea what kind of empowerment this gives you.  No longer are you held back by your circumstances.  Your success and future rest in your hands solely and that is an amazing feeling.

So give it you're best shot, the only one holding you back now is yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this good read!!
I certainly loved every little bit of it. I have got you
bookmarked to check out new things you post…

Also visit my blog post - homes ideas ()

Anonymous said...

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The text in your content seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but
I figured I'd post to let you know. The style and design look great though!
Hope you get the problem solved soon. Cheers

شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل
اثاث بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه
بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة نقل
اثاث بالرياض شركات كشف تسربات المياه
بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركات تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركات تنظيف منازل بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركات
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض افضل شركة
نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركات تنظيف منازل بالرياض
افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل
اثاث بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركات تنظيف منازل
بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف
منازل بالرياض
افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة
نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض افضل شركة
نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل
بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركات تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركات تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة
نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة
نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث
بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركات
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض افضل شركة نقل
اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض افضل
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة كشف
تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركات تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة
تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث
بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة كشف
تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة نقل
اثاث بالرياض شركات تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض افضل شركة نقل اثاث
بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركات
تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث
بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركات كشف تسربات المياه
بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض افضل شركة
نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة
نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض