Words of Wisdom

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own. --Latin Proverb

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sanford, FL : An Obsession

Welcome back everyone!  Well, we're half-way there again.  I've got a great weekend planned and I hope you do as well.  So... I've noticed something.  Recently,  my blog posts have been about my hometown (Sanford, FL) and I find that these posts have been MUCH easier to write than the others.  Actually, I have to hold myself back because truthfully, I want to get all in depth and history-ish; but I don't know if you guys are into that and I definitely don't want to scare you away.  But another thing that I've noticed is that you, my faithful readers, seem to enjoy, or at least be interested in, reading about Sanford.  As of right now,  my Sanford posts are #2 and #3 among my most read updates.  So, I think I'm going to ride this subject as long as it will carry me, what do you think?  No objections? Good :-) 

THE PLAN

This, of course, will mostly likely change over time, but here's what I'm planning.  Finances permitting, I'm going to purchase a few books on Sanford, talk about some things I find interesting, etc.  Also, TONS more trips downtown.. this will probably bring us more in depth restaurant reviews as well as posts about all the little shops around town; lots of photos and probably some videos as well.  I foresee many posts about the architecture as well as the many history pieces regarding people I find to be most notable.  I would also like to cover areas outside of downtown, and talk about how and why Sanford has expanded and changed over the years.  BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE!

This one may take a little while because it isn't entirely in my control but I would like to do interviews; audio recordings, video recordings, whatever those involved are comfortable with.  I want to talk to people who grew up in Sanford.  I want to hear all of those fantastic memories and share them with my readers and the rest of the world.  There is so much I can learn from a book, but there is a great deal more I can learn from the people who were there, whose parents and grandparents were there...

So let me know what you think.  Does this interest you?  Is this something you would like me to do?  I'm going to do it regardless, but how public I make it is entirely up to you.  I really look forward to your input and suggestions.  I wish you all a relaxing evening, and I want to leave you with something to think about, especially my more mature readers.  Keep your memories alive... write them down, tell them to your friends and family, pass them to other generations.   Do your part to preserve the past... it will benefit those in the future.

No comments: